Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cool Moose Cafe in Riverside

They do not have a website or Facebook, here is a link to their MySpace

2708 Park St
(904) 381-4242‎

M - Closed
T - F 8am - 3pm
Sat 8am - 4pm (Breakfast served until noon)
Sun - 8am - 2pm

Scroll down for pics.

Surprisingly, this was my first visit to Cool Moose. I lived in Avondale in 2002 and have been meaning to visit since then. For some reason (not that this would have been a bad thing), I was expecting it to be small and have a very light menu - maybe some bagels, muffins and a few light sandwiches. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into a space with 2 rather good sizes rooms full of people. People playing scrabble, reading, talking and eating. They offer an extensive breakfast and lunch menu, but not to the point of being overwhelming. I also had no idea they offer some decent beers on draft (Redhook IPA and more), wine and morning-time cocktails.

They offer daily specials and yesterday I opted to try one out. I went with the Portabello Mushroom, Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Pesto on pressed panini with a side of cheese grits and an unsweet tropical iced tea for $10. Cheese grits probably wasn't the best accompaniment, but it sounded good and I wasn't disappointed. My friend Mandy went with the French Dip and Sweet Potato fries and polished most of hers off.

I love the vibe of this place and would definitely go back with friends or alone to read and grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee (they serve Green Mountain). They have a good chunk of one wall dedicated to Moose "stuff" which I thought was pretty cute.

A+



French Dip + Sweet Potato fries


Portabello Mushroom Panini + Cheese Grits





2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I was a regular there for quite some time and LOVED the salmon omelet with dill and creme fresh but the last time I ordered it the salmon was bad and real fishy, I took 2 bites and left the rest. Prolly just a fluke cause everything else ive had since has been as good as the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went there for breakfast and it was awesome! I had the 3 egg omelet with spicy sausage & cheddar cheese.. a side of home fries & wheat toast. Mmm, it perfect. Next time I go I'm trying the pancakes!

    I can't figure out how to post an image in my comments..

    http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/mandy6488/1249144605.jpg

    ReplyDelete