Friday, July 17, 2009

Five Points Coffee & Spice Company

Here is a link to their Facebook page - their website is a bit outdated, under-construction. Scroll down for pics.

Become a Fan of Five Points Coffee

Phone:
(904) 791-3427

Mon - Sat:
3:00 pm - 3:00 am

They are located on Lomax right next to Steamworks and Sake House.

Went here yesterday after work to get an espresso and work on some illustrations for a project. Very charming and reminds me of Uncommon Grounds (in San Marco, that unfortunately closed), except I like it better. For a $1.50 I got a piping hot delicious double-espresso with the perfect crema. They offer a light menu, sandwhiches and dessert and maybe a few more items that I failed to notice :)

After I had been there a while some guy came in to DJ and was spinning some awesome old 80s/ early 90s music - Madonna - Like a Prayer, Bobby Brown - Every Little Step. I love 80s music so this was a treat for me and kinda fun to draw to. They also have a small TV that was playing some bizarre 80s movie that was cracking me up... they don't have an 80s theme or anything... it just added to the charm somehow. I felt like I was in an old relative's living room or something.

I think it would be a great spot for me and some friends to gather on a Sunday afternoon to play board games. The owner was friendly and the fact that they keep such late night hours is an added bonus. Check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment