Sunday, July 5, 2009

Poppy Love Smoke Cigar Bar comes to Downtown!

Poppy Love Smoke doesn't have a website right now, but they are on Facebook - do a search for "Poppy Lovesmoke" and they'll pop right up. Scroll down for photos.

Here are their hours:
Mon - Thur >> 3 pm to midnight
Fri - Sat >> 3 pm to 2 am

A friend and myself went to check out this new spot this past Wednesday for Art Walk from about 5:30 - 7:00. There was a steady stream of people coming in and the guy taking care of us (which I am assuming was the owner or manager) was really nice. He had a genuine interest in what we thought of the place and what side of town we lived on, etc.

The interior of the space has a nice urban, modern feel while still being comfortable and casual. While we were there, a lady passed out home-made mini cheesecakes with fresh fruit on top - tasty!

They offer domestic beers starting at $3.25 and wine starting at $7/glass. My wine was rung up at $6, so I am thinking they must have happy hour pricing. For just opening, they had a decent selection, although it would be nice to see them expand upon it in the future.

I didn't have a cigar this time around, but plan on it during my next trip when I'm not as pressed for time. Great new addition to the downtown area and I can't wait to go back!




Board we got to sign.


Art above Bar Area.




Who ever made these treats - thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I'll def go back! I wanna try a cigar there too.. so let me know when you go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful place! love the atmosphere, love the people and the wine is great!

    ReplyDelete